Tuesday 26 February 2013

Paradise in Indaia Eco Village


Every Sunday I have been going to one of the many different beaches around Ilhéus. My favourite day of the week, where I can bake in the sun with an ice cold beer and eat seafood. Usually, many of the beaches in Brazil can take the form of a catwalk, with many men and women strolling along the waters edge in the tiniest of bikinis and speedos. Looking like Casper the Ghost, I prefer to sit and try to top up my tan...

I was lucky enough to be taken on a little trip just outside of Ilhéus city centre on Sunday.
After a half hour we arrived at Indaia EcoVillage, a little beach resort located in the South of Ilhéus.

It is a popular place for both Brazilians and foreign tourists to spend their holidays relaxing or to just to spend the day there making the most of the pool and beach side facilities. Whilst there I saw both Japanese and German families staying for their holidays.
Here there is a farm with chickens, geese, hens and even parrots. As well as a garden with vegetables and herbs.

Indaia Eco Village was so peaceful. The beach was enormous, stretching for miles in both directions with not another person, aside from myself, to be seen. Most of the people seemed to prefer the pool and deckchairs. I however loved the perfect soft, white sand lined with palm trees as far as the eye could see next to perfect turquoise waters. Paradise.


After a delicious lunch in the wonderfully decorated restaurant, I laid on the sun lounger with the sea hushing me into a peaceful sleep.

Later, a dip in the sea was in order. It was the warmest sea I think I have ever swam in. After 20 metres there are strong rip currents that can pull you out. I stayed shallow and jumped some of the huge waves. A great place for surfing thats for sure!


Whilst walking out of the sea I noticed some people playing music and singing. Me and my friend decided to join in. My friend Rebecca sang some popular Brazilian songs, whilst the others played the tamborine, guitar and bongo. Not knowing many of the songs and being a horrible singer, I happily danced along to the sultry Brazilian sounds.

Paradise!
To top it off I spent the rest of the day in a hammock next to the beach, watching the sunset and reading my book. The brazilian sunsets are enough to make me stay here forever...

A trip to Indaia Eco Village is essential if you are in Bahia. Perhaps one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to, and a day I will never forget for the rest of my life.











                                                      A few pictures of the resort


The Restaurant


River next to the farm

No comments:

Post a Comment